Today, we’re celebrating our second anniversary! It’s hard to believe just how much we have worked on and accomplished over the past two years. And we’re grateful for our community of supporters who have made all of this possible.
In reflecting over the past year, we’ve compiled some of the numbers from outputs from our programs and partnerships. As you read about them below, will you consider making a birthday gift donation to Digital Democracy in honor of our 2nd anniversary? A donation of any amount, whether $20, $200 or $2,000 will go to support our core programming for our third year. Donations can be made through our fiscal sponsor, IMTD online or via Facebook Causes.
What have we been up to the past twelve months? Quite a lot.
Research, communications & information:
- Blog posts: 62
- Dd team member talks & presentations: 34
- Mainstream press about Dd: 16 articles/videos
- Digital Democracy TV (DdTv) episodes released: 6
- Country reports on ICT & civic participation published: 4
Work with local partners in the US & globally:
- Number of people trained by Dd Staff: 465
- Countries where we worked: 21
- Ushahidi deployment trainings: 8
- Tech & security workshops with local partners: 6
- Additional workshops on media & mapping: 4
- Project Einstein deployments: 4 countries
- Projects related to election monitoring: 3
This year our local partners have done incredible work from filing petitions to the UN, addressing hundred of cases of gender-based violence in Haiti, and reporting from inside Burma during recent elections. While much of this work is undercover or confidential, here are numbers from some of their public work:
- Photos taken by Project Einstein participants: 6,289.
- Incidents of human rights violations logged on Handheld Human Rights Burma: 661
- Blog posts by women in Haiti since 11/1/10: 15
Thank you again for all you have done to help make this possible. Between our anniversary & Thanksgiving, we know just how much we have to be thankful for.